Saturday 17 September 2011

Bonfire Night

Well, I know I know it wasn't that big of a fire but just to soothe myself I want to call it a bonfire. Leslie and her husband invited us to their place after dinner just to relax,have a couple of drinks and roast marshmallows. My whole trip out in Fort St John I had a whole list of stuff I wanted to partake in and roasting marshmallows was on the list.

So Leslie's husband started the fire and locked up his huge dogs.I'm not so much of a dog fan such that I freak out when they come close to me. Every time I'm close to dogs and cats I never pretend to like the animals. Once the dogs were locked I was ready to sit by the fire and get a one on one on how to roast marshmallows.

Getting all started
Smoke was defiinitely getting into my eyes but I was determined to roast the marshmallow and get a taste of it all roasted. The trick to roasting marshmallows is to keep turning the marshmallow while sticking it into flames and make sure it doesn't burn.
 HAd to blow the marshmallows before I ate them. Roasted marshmallows are a sweet summer delicacy. It was a fun night just sitting by the far ,talking,laughing,sipping on some red wine.Had an opportunity to catch the Northern Lights though the best time to see the whole Northern Lights effects is winter time.

Unfortunately we had to cut the night short as we all had to get some sleep in preparation for the long drive back to Vancouver,BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips