Saturday 17 September 2011

Fort St John BC: Lookout & Dinner

Oh how I love it when the weather gets warmer and I can go out and enjoy nature.This summer I managed to travel fr and wide,meet lots of new people and just experience the BC outdoor life. So this summer my major road trip highlight was Fort St John and surrounding areas. I sure enjoyed my week there, as you might have noticed in my older posts.

While standing at the lookout I just took the time to take in the beautiful landscape and of course pose for some pics. The lookout is at the edge and if you look down there is a cliff or steep hill I must say where you can find bushes,grass, people's garbage and Saskatoon berries growing there. I really don't understand why people would come dump their stuff when the city has dump sites. I found this interesting how the city is unable to have someone maintain the grass as the area looking down is steep so they hired a  some guy  with goats to have his 1400 goats come graze in the area. The owner of the goats gets paid a $1 for every goat and all he does is bring the goats to the area ,watch over them and have his shepherd dog bring them up when its time to go home. People sure do make money in different ways.

All Smiles: Good Company EQUALS Good Times
Left-Right:Nigerian Friend,Kenyan Friend,Zimbabwean and Canadian

After enjoying the view and feeling the wind breeze it was time to go have dinner at Jackfish Dundees Pub Charlie Lake,BC. I don't usually order Beef Burgers when I go out to dine but this time around I decided to try out the JFD sirloin burger and sweet potato fries. Most of the meat is from farms in around Charlie Lake which only means one thing right. Overall the meal was delicious. After dinner we were up to more adventure hehe.

More about the evening adventure .

Thank you for reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips