Sunday 17 April 2011

2 down 2 to Go

Its that time of the semester again when all students are busy on the books ,having sleepless nights burning the midnight oil,are good friends with coffee ,energy drinks anything that might keep them up. Lucky for me I covered my chapters during the semester so now all I got to do is revise and revise for those higher grades.Im loving all my classes by the way [two Finance classes,Management and Business class]

For my business class we had to simulate a game during the whole semester,the game involved competing against class members. the main aim of the game was to manufacture digital cameras,distribute to four regions,price the cameras,monitor our EPS,ROE,purchase shares when market was favorable,be competitive ,be corporate responsible and always try to stay on top of the game. The game was in operation from Year 6-Year 15, a bit challenging game but interesting as we learnt how to simulate a company and monitor some of the challenges real-life companies face. At the end of the game my partner and I came out number 1,our company had a good credit rating,good image rating,return on income was good for continuos operation. If the company had allowed our company was in a position to buy-out other failing companies. Overall I enjoyed the game,enjoyed working with my partner and if anything this game has taught me a lot on what to look forward to one day when Im running my own company.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips