Tuesday 19 April 2011

Proudly African

Born and bred in Africa, Zimbabwe to be precise I feel I identify well with my heritage. I am a cultured lady, never forget where I came from (though I haven’t been back home in 5years), enjoy mingling and getting to know other cultures. When it comes to showing who I truly am I do not limit myself to speaking my native language, hanging out with people from my country only, enjoying my traditional foods but find ways to hang out with other African friends and blending in with them.

I decided to attend a Ghananian independence party sometime last month. I did not want to dress in the western attire so I made sure I had an African outfit. My country doesn’t necessarily have a national attire for the ladies but putting together an African fabric, with a design that I love was not such a difficult task. So I took it on myself to have an African piece sewn for this particular occasion. When the day arrived I was excited as I had no idea how to tie the headgear but I wanted my outfit to be complete and represent my true africaness.  Thanks to my Ghanaian friends I did represent and I have since taken a huge liking of the different African attires that I saw.



Not only do I want to dress african but I feel the need to make the attires available to my fellow zimbabweans and other nationalities who might have a liking for african attires.Watch this space as I am going to post pictures of the different outfits that I own and if you want to place an order you could do so.



1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips