Tuesday 19 April 2011

Nandos Chicken


Tell any Southern African person there’s a Nandos Chicken in my neighborhood and here are some of the common responses,”Oh how I wish I stayed in your neighbor”, “do they have any of those marinating sauces,can you buy me some of those marinating and ship them to me,” “you have just made me wish I was back home enjoying a plate of peri-peri chicken ,fries ,cold coca cola drink and a coleslaw salad,”. I remember when it was a treat to get such a meal back in the day and how I used to look forward to having Nandos Chicken for lunch or dinner. A visit to the city centre wouldn’t be complete without me sitting down to enjoying a Nandos Chicken meal. Yea you might say how can it be called Nandos Chicken while at the same time you mentioning having fries and salad. Well Nandos Chicken is famous for its lemon herb or peri-peri chicken and to go along with the chicken one can order fries, rice, sweet potato fries or salad. My love for Nandos Chicken  food has never stopped and its arrival to Canada let alone different places in Greater Vancouver has brought back memories and the same cravings I had back in the days are always there such that I never think twice   pay the place a visit for another good meal. I look forward to every Nandos visit and always reminisce about back in the days with friends and family enjoying a meal.




Nandos Chicken has three different flavors for its chicken lemon-herb,medium peri-peri and hot peri-peri. Since I don’t like spicy stuff I go for the lemon -herb chicken,sweet potato fries and a bun to go. If you visit the Nandos Chicken located at the Metrotown Food Court you might bump into their $12.99 four legs and thigh deal,add your drink choice ,salad or fries for an extra cost.If you do decide to pay the place a visit expect to pay a lil' more than a McDonalds meal.

Lucky for me they are lots of Nandos Chicken restaurants in Greater Vancouver ,a couple in the downtown area, one at the Metrotown mall, one at  Queensborough Landing Mall(New Westminster),one in the Kerrisdale area too.

Here’s a link that can help you find one close to you.http://www.nandoscanada.com/sections.html#Our%20Restaurants

No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips