Wednesday 10 August 2011

Quadding

When everything was finalised and our trip to Fort St John was planned I knew Stella had camping in store for us, hiking,sightseeing and just chilling but there was one thing that did not come to mind. I didn't ask for the rundown of what more she had in store for the week we were going to be there. Anyhow me being the adventure freak I was in for anything. So after our Rim Rock picnic we went back to Heather's parents' house. Her dad is a good artist.really good at drawing,loved loved his artwork. We chilled for a bit and more adventure was in store for us.(group of six). It was time for some quadding. hehe I didn't know this was part of the plan for the day.
So they have 3 quads,one automatic,one manual and one in between the two. I partnered up and we had the automatic one. Our first stop was where the horses were and made a pitstop. We stopped and patted the horses,combed their manes.let them sniff our palms and all and we were ready to continue quadding.
had to tie my head in a bun
We continued quadding and there I was thinking oh ok this will only be for any hour and we will be back at the base. So I was like can I take over and I was doing well for the first 5minutes. The terrain wasn't even so yes they were bumps here and there. At some point in time I got over confident and forgot where the handbrake was and before I knew I slapped into a tree. For a bit I was scared to take the wheel so I was like I'ma be a passenger fr now. We drove and drove and at some point in time Heather was like we are halfway now and I thought we are almost there. During the drive we passed through puddles of water and I enjoyed driving in those puddles. Lucky for us we had brought our old sneakers in case it got so muddy. So everytime we passed a puddle we would shout out "feet up". FUN TIMES.
So I got to drive the inbetween quad,not so difficult to control and I got to talking with Heather. She told me the land was used for cattle ranching and this is the same beef we end up buying in supermarkets.I'm not sure how many hectares the land is but its so much land used for ranching only no farming.

 Like my friend would say" YOU GUYS WERE JUST E-N-J-O-Y-I-N-G
 And I took the wheel again and was driving and we spotted an elk darting through the trees. Too bad I couldn't take a clear picture of the elk.
After 3hours of quadding it was time to call it quits. Our clothes and shoes were all muddy but nothing beats the fun we had.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Animated Social Gadget - Blogger And Wordpress Tips